The Teachers Matter Book Club for your Professional Reading and Learning...
Book three for 2021 starts in mid August
Join our community of educators exploring texts and themes around teaching and learning - philosophically, practically, professionally and personally.
Great for individuals to dig deeper into your reading or for whole staff development. Whether you are an experienced, beginning, relieving or returning teacher this is a great way to build up your professional reading in achievable chunks.
HOW IT WORKS: We send you the book and each week you will receive a reading guide with questions, links and thoughts to consider. On Wednesday nights* NZT we chat on a private Facebook Group.
Reading one chapter a week, alongside the reading guide and an online FB discussion means it is achievable within your busy week. Plus the discussions serve to deepen your knowledge as you share ideas, thoughts and actions with like-minded teachers.
WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS
* New Zealand 8-9pm * Melb/Sydney/Bris 6-7pm * Western Australia 3-4pm * United Arab Emirates 11-12 noon * South Africa 9-10am * United Kingdom 7-8am
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to join the live chat, you can access it throughout the week as the conversations often continues
The Next Book...
The Gift of Imperfection by Brene Brown, Ph.D.
Here is the synopsis:
Through this self-help classic we find courage to overcome paralysing fear and self-consciousness, strengthening our connection to the world and helping us to believe we are worthy of self-discovery, personal growth, and boundless love.
A motivational and inspiring guide to wholehearted living, rather than just the average self-help book, with this groundbreaking work Brene Brown, Ph.D., bolsters the self-esteem and personal development process through her characteristic heartfelt, honest storytelling.
With original research and plenty of encouragement, she explores the psychology of releasing our definitions of an "imperfect" life and embracing living authentically.
Led by Megan Gallagher, she is a New Zealand teacher and is a self-confessed neuro-nerd who is passionate about using neuroscience to inform practice and support learners to be their best selves.
Megan is a regular writer about teacher effectiveness and wellbeing as well as an international and national conference & online summit speaker.
She enjoys reading and spending time with her family and fur-kids.
BOOKS WE HAVE ALRADY READ*
- The Next Generation - Tony Ryan
- 12 Brain Rules - Dr John Medina
- Disobedient Teaching - Welby Ings
- The Whole Brain Child - Daniel J Siegel, MD., and Tina Payne Bryson
- Cultures of Thinking - Ron Ritchhard
- Rising Strong - Brene Brown
- Students at the Centre - Bena Kallick and Allison Zmuda
2021 (so far)
- Raising a Mentally Fit Generation - Kari Sutton
- Disruptive, Stubborn, Out of Control? by Bo Hejlskov Elven
* self paced guides to books already completed will be available soon. Contact us at [email protected] for more details
Sign up for our next book...
Starting mid August 2021
- Join us for the next book (book included)
- Weekly reading guide with questions, summaries and ideas to explore
- Dedicated Facebook Group for weekly LIVE discussions, ideas, questions and sharing
- Links to videos and relevant articles
$97 per book/person