The Teachers Matter Book Club for your Professional Reading and Learning...
Join us for our next book!
Join our community of educators exploring texts and themes around teaching and learning - philosophically, practically, professionally and personally.
Great for individuals to dig deeper into your reading or for whole staff development. Whether you are an experienced, beginning, relieving or returning teacher this is a great way to build up your professional reading in achievable chunks.
HOW IT WORKS: We send you the book and each week you will receive a reading guide with questions, links and thoughts to consider. On Wednesday nights* NZT we chat on a private Facebook Group.
Reading one chapter a week, alongside the reading guide and an online FB discussion means it is achievable within your busy week. Plus the discussions serve to deepen your knowledge as you share ideas, thoughts and actions with like-minded teachers.
WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS
* New Zealand 8-9pm * Melb/Sydney 6-7pm *
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to join the live chat, you can access it throughout the week as the conversations often continues
The Next Book...
The #1 New York Times bestseller. Over 4 million copies sold!
No matter your goals, Atomic Habits offers a proven framework for improving-every day. James Clear, one of the world's leading experts on habit formation, reveals practical strategies that will teach you exactly how to form good habits, break bad ones, and master the tiny behaviours that lead to remarkable results.
If you're having trouble changing your habits, the problem isn't you. The problem is your system. Bad habits repeat themselves again and again not because you don't want to change, but because you have the wrong system for change. You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems. Here, you'll get a proven system that can take you to new heights.
Learn how to:
* make time for new habits (even when life gets crazy)
* overcome a lack of motivation and willpower
* design your environment to make success easier
* get back on track when you fall off course
* ...and much more
Led by Megan Gallagher, she is a New Zealand teacher and is a self-confessed neuro-nerd who is passionate about using neuroscience to inform practice and support learners to be their best selves.
Megan is a regular writer about teacher effectiveness and wellbeing as well as an international and national conference & online summit speaker.
She enjoys reading and spending time with her family and fur-kids.
BOOKS WE HAVE ALRADY READ*
- The Next Generation - Tony Ryan
- 12 Brain Rules - Dr John Medina
- Disobedient Teaching - Welby Ings
- The Whole Brain Child - Daniel J Siegel, MD., and Tina Payne Bryson
- Cultures of Thinking - Ron Ritchhard
- Rising Strong - Brene Brown
- Students at the Centre - Bena Kallick and Allison Zmuda
- Raising a Mentally Fit Generation - Kari Sutton
- Disruptive, Stubborn, Out of Control? by Bo Hejlskov Elven
- The Gifts or Imperfection - Brene Brown
- Creating the Life of Your Dreams - Karen Tui Boyes
- Belonging: The Ancient Code of Togetherness - Owen Eastwood
- Becoming Einsteins Teacher - Erika Twani
* self paced guides to books already completed will be available soon. Contact us at [email protected] for more details
Third Book of the Year...
Starting July 27th 2022
- Join us for the rest of the year or just this book (book/s & posted included)
- Weekly reading guide with questions, summaries and ideas to explore
- Dedicated Facebook Group for weekly LIVE discussions, ideas, questions and sharing
- Links to videos and relevant articles
$166 for the rest of the year or
$97 per book/person
(choose option at checkout)