The Teachers Matter Book Club for your Professional Reading and Learning...
Join us for our next book!
Join our community of educators exploring texts and themes around teaching and learning - philosophically, practically, professionally and personally.
Great for individuals to dig deeper into your reading or for whole staff development. Whether you are an experienced, beginning, relieving or returning teacher this is a great way to build up your professional reading in achievable chunks.
HOW IT WORKS: We send you the book and each week you will receive a reading guide with questions, links and thoughts to consider. On Wednesday nights* NZT we chat on a private Facebook Group.
Reading one chapter a week, alongside the reading guide and an online FB discussion means it is achievable within your busy week. Plus the discussions serve to deepen your knowledge as you share ideas, thoughts and actions with like-minded teachers.
WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS
* New Zealand 8-9pm * Melb/Sydney 6-7pm *
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to join the live chat, you can access it throughout the week as the conversations often continues
The Next Book...
Think Unique by Ortal Green
Your comprehensive guide to cultivating tomorrow's innovators through
Do you wish you could do something unique with your curriculum?
Do you want to inspire your students and help them experiment and think without boundaries, but aren't sure where to start?
If you want to create a unique and fantastic environment for your students, Think Unique is for you...
Creativity and innovative thinking are too often seen as not essential or icing on the cake. That's simply not true! Creativity is a way of thinking and processing information. It is a way to expand your student’s thinking capabilities and develop their love of learning.
Moreover, turning your classroom into an innovative environment means creating an exciting and fun learning space. And we all know that children learn best when they are having fun.
Think Unique combines the creative thinking and innovation process that drive start-ups and organisations’ success with the principles of Project-Based Learning. By adopting this approach, you bring the methodologies used by the best innovators and thought leaders of our time to your classroom.
With this book, you will:
- Develop your students’ 21st-century skills
- Provide them with a voice
- Build up their confidence as excellent problem solvers
- Open their world to infinite possibilities!
Think Unique provides you with an innovative framework you can use for any subject, including STEM, Math & Literacy.
Led by Megan Gallagher, she is a New Zealand teacher and is a self-confessed neuro-nerd who is passionate about using neuroscience to inform practice and support learners to be their best selves.
Megan is a regular writer about teacher effectiveness and wellbeing as well as an international and national conference & online summit speaker.
She enjoys reading and spending time with her family and fur-kids.
BOOKS WE HAVE ALRADY READ*
- The Next Generation - Tony Ryan
- 12 Brain Rules - Dr John Medina
- Disobedient Teaching - Welby Ings
- The Whole Brain Child - Daniel J Siegel, MD., and Tina Payne Bryson
- Cultures of Thinking - Ron Ritchhard
- Rising Strong - Brene Brown
- Students at the Centre - Bena Kallick and Allison Zmuda
- Raising a Mentally Fit Generation - Kari Sutton
- Disruptive, Stubborn, Out of Control? by Bo Hejlskov Elven
- The Gifts or Imperfection - Brene Brown
- Creating the Life of Your Dreams - Karen Tui Boyes
- Belonging: The Ancient Code of Togetherness - Owen Eastwood
- Becoming Einsteins Teacher - Erika Twani
- Atomic Habits - James Clear
* self paced guides to books already completed will be available soon. Contact us at [email protected] for more details
Fourth Book of the Year...
Starting Oct 26th 2022
- Join us for the rest of the year or just this book (book/s & posted included)
- Weekly reading guide with questions, summaries and ideas to explore
- Dedicated Facebook Group for weekly LIVE discussions, ideas, questions and sharing
- Links to videos and relevant articles
$97 per book/person