The Teachers Matter Book Club for your Professional Reading and Learning...
Book four for 2021 starts Nov 10th
*** includes LIVE vision board online workshop with Author ***
Join our community of educators exploring texts and themes around teaching and learning - philosophically, practically, professionally and personally.
Great for individuals to dig deeper into your reading or for whole staff development. Whether you are an experienced, beginning, relieving or returning teacher this is a great way to build up your professional reading in achievable chunks.
HOW IT WORKS: We send you the book and each week you will receive a reading guide with questions, links and thoughts to consider. On Wednesday nights* NZT we chat on a private Facebook Group.
Reading one chapter a week, alongside the reading guide and an online FB discussion means it is achievable within your busy week. Plus the discussions serve to deepen your knowledge as you share ideas, thoughts and actions with like-minded teachers.
WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS
* New Zealand 8-9pm * Melb/Sydney/Bris 6-7pm * Western Australia 3-4pm * United Arab Emirates 11-12 noon * South Africa 9-10am * United Kingdom 7-8am
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to join the live chat, you can access it throughout the week as the conversations often continues
The Next Book...
Creating the Live of your Dreams by Karen Tui Boyes
Here is the synopsis:
This book and guide goes beyond goal setting and walks you through the a step by step process of Creating The Life Of Your Dreams. If you are at a point in your life that you need to reinvent yourself, simply wish to step up your level of success or have big dreams and goals you want to achieve – there is something in this book for you.
From reflecting on your past, setting your intentions, getting clarity on your goals to creating your identity for success and ultimately creating a vision board, Karen will walk you through the process in a soft and gentle way. Her hints and tips are guaranteed to set you on a path of fulfilment.
Throughout Creating The Life Of Your Dreams, Karen provides valuable insights into success, failure, change and the mindset required to set yourself up for victory.
Get ready to take control of your life! Block out some time in your diary, gather your coloured pens and pencils and dive in to Creating The Life Of Your Dreams.
Led by Megan Gallagher, she is a New Zealand teacher and is a self-confessed neuro-nerd who is passionate about using neuroscience to inform practice and support learners to be their best selves.
Megan is a regular writer about teacher effectiveness and wellbeing as well as an international and national conference & online summit speaker.
She enjoys reading and spending time with her family and fur-kids.
BOOKS WE HAVE ALRADY READ*
- The Next Generation - Tony Ryan
- 12 Brain Rules - Dr John Medina
- Disobedient Teaching - Welby Ings
- The Whole Brain Child - Daniel J Siegel, MD., and Tina Payne Bryson
- Cultures of Thinking - Ron Ritchhard
- Rising Strong - Brene Brown
- Students at the Centre - Bena Kallick and Allison Zmuda
2021 (so far)
- Raising a Mentally Fit Generation - Kari Sutton
- Disruptive, Stubborn, Out of Control? by Bo Hejlskov Elven
- The Gifts or Imperfection - Brene Brown
* self paced guides to books already completed will be available soon. Contact us at [email protected] for more details
Sign up for our next book...
Starting Nov 10th 2021
- Join us for the next book (book included)
- Weekly reading guide with questions, summaries and ideas to explore
- Dedicated Facebook Group for weekly LIVE discussions, ideas, questions and sharing
- Links to videos and relevant articles
- PLUS live vision board online workshop with Author
$97 per book/person