The Teachers Matter Book Club for your Professional Reading and Learning...
Join us for our next book!
Join our community of educators exploring texts and themes around teaching and learning - philosophically, practically, professionally and personally.
Great for individuals to dig deeper into your reading or for whole staff development. Whether you are an experienced, beginning, relieving or returning teacher this is a great way to build up your professional reading in achievable chunks.
HOW IT WORKS: We send you the book and each week you will receive a reading guide with questions, links and thoughts to consider. On Wednesday nights* NZT we chat on a private Facebook Group.
Reading one chapter a week, alongside the reading guide and an online FB discussion means it is achievable within your busy week. Plus the discussions serve to deepen your knowledge as you share ideas, thoughts and actions with like-minded teachers.
WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS
* New Zealand 8-9pm * Melb/Sydney/Bris 6-7pm * Western Australia 3-4pm * United Arab Emirates 11-12 noon * South Africa 9-10am * United Kingdom 7-8am
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to join the live chat, you can access it throughout the week as the conversations often continues
The Next Book...
Becoming Einstein's TeacherAwakening the Genius in Your Students
Here is the synopsis:
Becoming Einstein's Teacher will help you understand what it is to be a genius, how the brain works, and what it means to learn in the 21st century driven by artificial intelligence. Becoming Einstein's Teacher will show you how to tap into this one thing ALL your students have that enables lifelong learning without extra-curriculum, new tech, more hours in class, or endless homework nights. Becoming Einstein's Teacher will show you how you can start from where you are without going through a complete change in your practices. Becoming Einstein's Teacher will help you grow larger into your calling and get your students on the path to purpose-driven, lifelong learning!
About the Author:
Erika Twani is a learning enthusiast and an optimist of a better world built by humans with a life purpose. Her philosophy is to simplify complex concepts and make them scalable and useful for everyone, starting with children. Erika is the co-founder and CEO of Learning One to One Foundation. She was a presenter at the Teachers Matter Online Summit in 2020.
Led by Megan Gallagher, she is a New Zealand teacher and is a self-confessed neuro-nerd who is passionate about using neuroscience to inform practice and support learners to be their best selves.
Megan is a regular writer about teacher effectiveness and wellbeing as well as an international and national conference & online summit speaker.
She enjoys reading and spending time with her family and fur-kids.
BOOKS WE HAVE ALRADY READ*
- The Next Generation - Tony Ryan
- 12 Brain Rules - Dr John Medina
- Disobedient Teaching - Welby Ings
- The Whole Brain Child - Daniel J Siegel, MD., and Tina Payne Bryson
- Cultures of Thinking - Ron Ritchhard
- Rising Strong - Brene Brown
- Students at the Centre - Bena Kallick and Allison Zmuda
- Raising a Mentally Fit Generation - Kari Sutton
- Disruptive, Stubborn, Out of Control? by Bo Hejlskov Elven
- The Gifts or Imperfection - Brene Brown
- Creating the Life of Your Dreams - Karen Tui Boyes
- Belonging: The Ancient Code of Togetherness - Owen Eastwood
* self paced guides to books already completed will be available soon. Contact us at [email protected] for more details
Second Book of the Year...
Starting Mid May 2022
- Join us for the rest of the year or just this book (book/s & posted included)
- Weekly reading guide with questions, summaries and ideas to explore
- Dedicated Facebook Group for weekly LIVE discussions, ideas, questions and sharing
- Links to videos and relevant articles
$249 for the rest of the year or
$97 per book/person
(choose option at checkout)