Dr Bena Kallick & Prof. Art Costa
Founders of The Institute for Habits of Mind
Motivating Learners Through powerful Questions
Takeaways from this session include...
- - how questions can invite thinking and
- - ways questions can foster a climate of
- inclusion and belonging
- - why when teachers model powerful
- questions, it leads the way to students
- learning how to construct more
- powerful questions
- - learning how to search the internet
- with powerful questions to deepen
Art and Bena are co-founders of the Institute for Habits of Mind and are recipients of the Malcolm Knowles Award for Self-Directed Learning from the International Society for Self-Directed Learning. Art has served as a Teacher, Curriculum Consultant, Superintendent for instruction and Director of Educational Programmes for NASA. He has devoted his career to improving education through self-directed learning and thought-filled instruction. Bena is now the Strategic Program Advisor for Eduplanet21, Co-Director of the Institute for Habits of Mind, and a well-established consultant. She is a Board Member of GlobalMindED.
Find out more at www.habitsofmindinstitute.org