The Teachers Matter BookClub for your professional reading and learning...
We are nearly ready for book two for 2021!
Join our community of educators exploring texts and themes around teaching and learning, both philosophically and practically.
Great for individuals to dig deeper into your reading or for whole staff development. Many beginning, relieving and returning teachers find this useful to build up their professional reading in achievable chunks.
Lead by Megan Gallagher, she is a New Zealand teacher and is a self-confessed neuro-nerd who is passionate about using neuroscience to inform practice and support learners to be their best selves.
Megan is a regular writer about teacher effectiveness and wellbeing as well as an international and national conference & online summit speaker.
She enjoys reading and spending time with her family and fur-kids.
***The Teachers Matter Book Club guided sessions are on hosted weekly on a private Facebook Page.
WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS - Book 2 starts on 19th of May
New Zealand 8-9pm
Western Australia 3-4pm
United Arab Emirates 11-12 noon
South Africa 9-10am
United Kingdom 7-8am
The second book for 2021 is:
Disruptive, Stubborn, Out of Control? by Bo Hejlskov Elven
One of the biggest challenges in the classroom is trying to teach when students act in unexpected and annoying ways. Based on the psychology of how children and people act, this book offers practical strategies for understanding why your students are behaving in the way they are, and how to react in a way that restores peace and harmony in the classroom. With many examples of typical confrontational behaviours and clues for how to understand and resolve the underlying issues, this book will be every stressed teacher's best friend.
Reading one chapter a week, alongside the reading guide and an online FB discussion means it is achievable within your busy week. Plus the discussions serve to deepen your knowledge as you share ideas, thoughts and actions with like-minded teachers.
Test The Waters - join for the first book
- Join us for the one book only (book included)
- Weekly reading guide with questions, summaries and ideas to explore
- Dedicated Facebook Page for weekly LIVE discussions, ideas, questions and sharing
- Links to videos and relevant articles
Books covered in 2019 included:
- The Next Generation - Tony Ryan
- 12 Brain Rules - Dr John Medina
- Disobedient Teaching - Welby Ings
Books completed in 2020
- The Whole Brain Child - Daniel J Siegel, MD., and Tina Payne Bryson
- Cultures of Thinking - Ron Ritchhard
- Rising Strong - Brene Brown
- Students at the Centre - Bena Kallick and Allison Zmuda
Books read in 2021
- Raising a Mentally Fit Generation - Kari Sutton