A practical, step by step guide to implementing ‘Genius Hour’ in your classroom to foster opportunities for students to develop ownership, time & resource management, accountability, and so much more, in a real world context.
You'll learn the 7 steps to Genius Hour, solutions to common challenges, ways to enrol parents into the process and top tips for success.
If you want to maximise your students learning, in a real world way – book your place today!
About your Facilitator...
Karen Tui Boyes is a champion for Life Long Learning across nations, industries and organisations. She is deeply passionate about providing meaningful & purposeful educational experiences for students alongside ensuring they know they can have a positive impact locally, nationally and globally.
She is an author of Project Genius, Creating An Effective Learning Environment, and Study Smart and the creator of the Teachers Matter Magazine, Teachers Matter Conferences, Study Smart Boardgame, Study Smart Workshops and the Habits of Mind Bootcamp.
Book online by clicking your preferred date below
Webinar Date: Monday 22nd or Tuesday 23rd February
Start Time: 4pm NZT (2pm AEST) or 6pm NZT (4pm AEST)
Event Length: 85 mins
INVESTMENT: $59pp or $460 for whole school access
Schools wishing to choose a different date and time to suit $690
Can't make the workshop? Buy your copy of the book...
Project based learning is becoming popular in schools all over the world as a way to engage learners, make learning more meaningful and give students the opportunity to explore something they are passionate about.
Project Genius provides a practical, step by step guide to implementing ‘Genius Hour’ in your classroom to foster opportunities for students to develop ownership, time & resource management, accountability, and so much more, in a real world context.
Project Genius will walk you through:
- The 7 steps of Genius Hour which provide a clear structure and pathway from beginning to end.
- Practice protocols for giving presentations and feedback
- Solutions to common challenges and ways to assist struggling students
- Ways to enrol and engage parents into the process
- The skills and dispositions that will enhance students lifelong learning
- Five teachers perspectives of how this process works and operates in their classrooms, their top tips and advice to get you thinking about possibilities in your classroom.
If you want to maximise your students learning, in a real world way – this book is for you!