By Sandra Brace
Habits Centre Stage is designed to support student understanding of the Habits of Mind, using Drama to make the learning come alive! Entertaining scenes and activities provide opportunities for numerous ‘tried and true’ teaching strategies: story telling, role playing, class team building…and more!
With speciﬁc focus on each of the 16 Habits of Mind, Habits Centre Stage can be used by any teacher in any subject area, and no drama experience is required for either teacher or student.
Lively, physical, and often hilarious— your students will enjoy deepening their knowledge of the concepts and relevance of the HOMs via entertaining and thought provoking dramatic ‘play.’
In this resource you will find:
- Optional teacher ‘scripting’ to introduce the scenes and activities for the teacher less
- Familiar with using drama in the classroom
- Entertaining scenes designed to take the learner ‘inside’ the Habits of Mind
- Lively team building activities designed to ‘work’ the HOMs as a class
- Interesting and relevant discussion topics to inspire student though and connections
- Fun, laughter, and the joy of learning for all!
PLUS you’ll receive a CD with 47 printable scripts for classroom use.