Ron Ritchhart describes the Cultures of Thinking like this: “Within a culture of thinking, students experience school as a place where thinking is valued and given time, rich opportunities for thinking abound in their day-to-day classroom experience, models of thinking are present in the form of seeing teachers and peers as fellow thinkers, and the environment is full with the documentation of thinking. Such environments not only provide for the practice of students’ thinking skills but also help them to foster an inclination toward thinking and to develop a greater awareness of thinking occasions.”
Experience and learn practical ideas to establish the Cultures of Thinking through the 8 Cultural Forces and ways to Make Thinking Visible.
You will explore:
- How Thinking Routines can transform your students depth of thinking
- Why Expectations are a critical key to success
- How Modelling who we are as thinkers benefits students
- Time allocation and ways to ensure students formulate thoughtful responses
- Using a Language of thinking to promote reflection
- Ways to show care and respect for the thinking Interactions
- How to display thinking in the Environment
- Ways to provide purposeful activities to engage student in thinking
- plus much more…
Watch the videos at your leisure and use them for team development and learn as Karen unpacks each of the 8 Cultures of Thinking and gives you practical ideas to implement within your classroom.
Here is what you will receive:
· Exclusive access to the recordings of all 8 pre recorded sessions so you can watch them over and over to clarify, recall and reflect. Each session is 30-45 mins.
PLUS $159 worth of bonus posters…
· The 8 Cultures of Thinking Infographics (downloadable and printable) for your classroom or staffroom
INVESTMENT $1495 (That is less than $190 per learning session for your entire team) Plus the $159 worth of bonuses to ensure you can implement the information effectively.
All this for 8 hours worth of professional development that you can watch over and over again.