Parenting author and educator
Teaching children life skills to build their self-mastery
What you will learn...
* Know how to be proactive in helping your children gain essential life skills so they are able to take care of their needs at an age-appropriate level.
* Learn how to talk to your child in ways that builds self-mastery and self-esteem.
* Have an understanding of the pathways to building emotional intelligence.
* Be resourced with ways to teach your children how to cope with adversity, including failure an disappointment, and death and loss.
* Understand the power of humour in being a resilient human.
* Know how to encourage your children to be flexible thinkers and solution-seeking.
Commonly known as the ‘queen of common sense’, Maggie Dent has become one of Australia's favourite parenting authors and educators. She has a particular interest in the early years, adolescence and resilience, and is an undisputed 'boy champion'. Maggie has written eight major books including the bestselling Mothering Our Boys and her 2020 release, From Boys to Men. She hosts the ABC podcast, Parental As Anything and in July 2021 released a book of the same name.
Find out more at www.maggiedent.com