Innovative Learning Environments (ILE’s) are all the talk in educational circles right now. Schools are knocking out walls and creating bright stimulating classrooms with multi purpose furniture and giving students access to technology. On the surface it looks fantastic, however without a big pedagogy shift, students will be simply just learning the same way many teachers have been teaching – just in bigger classrooms with new furniture.
In this presentation, Karen will challenge you and your team to look deeper into the why’s of ILE’s and the how’s of successful pedagogy.
You will cover:
- ways to unpack your personal and school philosophy of learning
- how to create a safe environment for powerful learning to take place
- simple ways to redefine failure
- how to teach students to be self-directed learners
- ways to promote responsibility
- the learning process and why students need to understand this
- and so much more