Based on a simple idea, from Stanford University’s Carol Dweck, growth mindset is making a difference for students and teachers in classrooms around the world. Understanding the contrast between the fixed and growth mindset have proven to create a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment. Virtually all successful people have these qualities and the best news is it is all learnable.
In this interactive presentation, Karen will provide practical ideas to establish Growth Mindset in your classroom.
You will explore:
- why brains and talent are not enough
- the differences between fixed and growth mindset
- different functions of the brain and why students essential to know these
- effective ways to praise students to establish and maintain growth mindset
- ways to change internal dialogue
- the power of self reflection
- plus much more…